Then we realized the real fight will be for the remote come Sunday.
Taking a page from the Beggars Banquet playbook, we slightly adapted the drink, which pairs American bourbon and British ale, for a tipple honoring both sides of the [what to watch] coin flip.
|touchdownton cocktail|| |
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice (Meyer works wonderful here)
- 1 TB brown simple sugar
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters (we used our own)
- British ale to top (we used The Tanner's Jack but original recommends Old Speckled Hen)
- 1 slice lemon or orange as garnish
- Add everything but the beer into a shaker full of ice. Pour into a tall Collins glass and top with the ale. Garnish with citrus of choice.