What a week! We hailed chiefs, celebrated friends, extended birthday wishes (ahoy, Morgen!) and now drink to a zestful anniversary. February 22 is National Margarita Day and considering the sun is out, the snow is melting and there’s plenty of limes to be had this time of year (at the grocer), we joyously salute the Mexican marvel.
While the exact creator of the lively libation is uncertain, legend has it that a Dallas socialite who spent her holidays in Acapulco, Margaret “Margarita” Sames, is this delicious cocktail’s namesake. Of course there was a saucy Texan behind this perfection! To commemorate her contribution, we’re offering up a version using the slightly spicy brine of Sweety Drops paired with the buttery, citrus notes of Casa Noble Crystal Tequila. Gracias Ms. Sames!
|sweet and noble margarita|| |
- 2 oz Casa Noble Crystal Tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau (or triple-sec)
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ oz Sweety Drops liquid (or 1 TB chili syrup)
- sea salt & sugar
- Split a Sweety Drop (or use lime wedge) in half and run around your glass rim.
- After mixing salt and sugar on a plate, dip rim to lightly coat.
- Pour tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and brine into a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and work that thing.
- Strain into a glass full of clear ice cubes.
- Garnish with a cute Sweety Drop or lime wheel.