We don’t really know if this dessert is lucky but we do know it’s simple to make – mostly because we bought an amazing loaf from Bantam Bread. Only sold on Thursdays, it is almost cake like in consistency.
Ridiculous. But if you can’t track down something similar, a good day old bread will do just fine.
|lucky Irish soda bread pudding||
- ½ loaf of Irish soda bread (or day old Italian)
- 2 TB butter, melted
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2.5 cups of milk
- 1 oz Irish whiskey
- vanilla extract
- 4 TB maple syrup
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- tear bread into bite sized chunks
- coat ramekins with butter then fill with bread
- mix rest of ingredients then pour liquid over
- bake 30 minutes or until set
We topped ours with cream but an appropriate Irish Whiskey sauce can easily be whipped up by combining sugar, water, the liquor and some milk in a pan over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Boil (don’t stir too much) for about five minutes or until caramel forms. Quickly remove from heat and add a little more milk. Drizzle and enjoy.