|med care cocktail||
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1.5 oz ginger beer
- .5 oz lingonberry juice or cordial concentrate
- squeeze of lime
- Layer the ingredients in a tall glass and fill with ice.
- Feel young again.
tillykke med fødselsdagen, Thomas, med love ~ J
yellow cake with white wine and bittersweet chocolate buttercream icing by Midge photo Sarah Shatz
| food 52 ginger pear cake with whiskey caramel glaze | graceful cuisine gin & tonic cake | domestic sluttery lime margarita | pastry affair blood orange pound cake with dark rum | bakers royale and for Linda, a play on tiramisu | erika rax
Over there it is warm. Just yonder flowers bloom. Sigh. We’re not quite walking in sunshine yet. But in anticipation of what promises to be a spectacular season, the Transatlantic Fizz, created by cocktail guru Jonathan Pogash, fuses dynamic flavors from across the Atlantic—Porto from Portugal, Champagne from France and Tequila from Mexico for a refreshing, ruby-red spring sipper.
- 2 oz. Sandeman Founder’s Reserve Porto
- 1 oz. Avión Blanco tequila
- ¾ oz. fresh lime juice
- ¾ oz. almond syrup
- 1 oz. G.H.MUMM Cordon Rouge
- 2 strawberries, chopped
- Muddle the strawberries in the fresh lime and almond syrup.
- Add the tequila and Sandeman with ice and shake well.
- Strain over ice into highball glass (or other tall glass of choice).
- Top with Champagne and stir briefly.
- Garnish with strawberry slice on rim of glass.
- Serve with traditional Portuguese toasted almonds.
Thanks Elizabeth and Jonathan!